Introduction to Freeboard
Here comes the next beast. How do you go ahead gathering representation or visual appeal to Internet of Things? Even we questioned ourselves for sometime when we discovered that it’s already there. People are a bit unaware or uninformed of the entire tools but here I come! Since there are various vendors at the market, We thought of proposing a product that took our breath away. A single look at it and its license were more than promising for us.
Features of Freeboard
This is a really simple solution which pictures out multiple options to connect to the internet and receive data. The features are as follows:-
- Fully responsive in nature
- Has plugin options so as to accommodate any graphs if needed
- Best suited for any developer who wants to have a look at the data seamlessly
- Easy to save your configurations.
- If you are using the Git version, you have to write the persistence layer.
- If you use it as a service, I don’t think you would mind paying a bit.
- It provides a JSON output using which you can build a sustainable system across pretty easily where the device emits data and dashboard configurations can be stored using JSON data.
Hosted Freeboard Solutions
Freeboard also has a hosted solution, Freeboard.io is a hosted solution where you can connect multiple devices and aggregate the data on the Freeboard. The visualization is really awesome to see. You can go ahead and utilize as many devices as possible showcasing various representations for absolutely free. The only problem is that when it comes to the privately hosted solution you can go ahead spend some money and get private dashboards as well.
Extending Freeboard is also pretty easy. If you are looking for a self-hosted solution then, in that case, you can go ahead and then add additional graphs and additional units. You can extend various libraries for various IoT based representation.
Also published on Medium.